The Delta Dental PPO Plan is designed to assist you and your covered dependents by paying a portion of eligible expenses incurred for a wide range of dental services.
If you and your spouse/registered domestic partner both work at Stanford and are considered eligible to enroll in the Delta Dental plan through the University:
- Your child(ren) may only have coverage under one parent, and
- You may not cover your spouse/registered domestic partner as your dependent (i.e., they must enroll for the plan separately).
The Delta Dental website provides you with the online tools to:
- Find a network dentist and receive driving directions
- Verify eligibility and view benefit information
- Print an ID card and download claim forms
- Find the average cost of a dental procedure in your area
- Access dental tips and other oral health information
- Contact Member Services and subscribe to online services
- Get answers to frequently asked questions
Additional information on the plan is available below, at Delta Dental or by calling (800)-765-6003.
Extra Benefits for Expectant Mothers
When a covered person is pregnant, the dental plan pays for additional services to help improve the oral health of the covered person during the pregnancy. The additional services include one oral exam and either one additional routine cleaning or one additional periodontal scaling and root planning per quadrant. Written confirmation of pregnancy must be provided by the covered person or her dentist when the claim is submitted.
Interested in Receiving Additional Dental Resources?
Delta Dental's SmileWay wellness program offers information, activities and tools to help you create added value to your dental plan. In addition, you can register for the free dental health e-newsletter, Grin, which provides valuable information about dental health topics and how to maximize your benefits.