You are automatically enrolled in the basic life and accident coverage on your appointment start date.
This benefit is payable to your beneficiary in the event of your death from any cause. A repatriation benefit covers the expense incurred, up to $2,000, to transport your body to a mortuary near your primary place of residence.
The life insurance plan through Standard Insurance Company provides you with the following basic coverage of $50,000 for the participant.
This benefit is payable in the event your death is a result of an accident. There are several special benefit provisions under this plan, which are described below. The life insurance plan through Standard Insurance Company provides you with the following basic coverage of $50,000 for the participant.
Accelerated Death Benefit - 75% of your life insurance
- If you are terminally ill with a life expectancy of fewer than 12 months, you may receive up to 75% of your life insurance amount.
Air Bag - $5,000
- Provides a benefit if the loss occurs while wearing a seat belt in an automobile accident where the car is equipped with an air bag and the air bag deploys.
Career Adjustment - up to $10,000 (not to exceed $5000/year)
- Reimbursement for tuition expenses incurred by your spouse within 36 months after your death, exclusive of room and board charges
Child Care - up to $10,000 (not to exceed $5000/year)
- Reimbursement for total child care expenses for all children under age 13, incurred within 36 months after your death.
Higher Education - up to $20,000 per child (not to exceed $5000/year/child)
- Reimbursement for tuition expenses incurred per child within four years after your death at an accredited institution of higher education, exclusive of room and board charges.
Loss of Use
- Loss of one hand, one foot or sign of any eye - 50% of your accident insurance
- Loss of both hands, both feet, sight in both eyes or combination of any two (e.g., one hand and one foot) - 100% of your accident insurance.
Seat Belt - $10,000
- Provides a benefit if the loss occurred while wearing a seat belt in an automobile.
- If your appointment ends and you are not disabled and have been on the life insurance plan for at least 12 months, you can continue your life insurance at low group insurance rates without Evidence of Insurability. Accident insurance can also be ported if you are under age 65.
- If your appointment ends and you are not eligible for portability, you may buy an individual policy of life insurance without Evidence of Insurability. Conversion does not apply to accident insurance.
When you become covered under the plan, you need to provide your beneficiary designations via the Benelogic enrollment website. Also, keep in mind that changes in your family status (such as marriage, divorce or new children) do not automatically alter or revoke your previous designations. Therefore, it is important that you review your beneficiary designations from time to time. If you need to make changes to your beneficiary designation, please use these instructions.