Stanford Health Care Alliance
The Stanford Health Care Alliance is a select network of primary and specialty care physicians who are affiliated with Stanford Hospital & Clinics and Lucille Packard Children’s Hospital.
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (also known as the Health Care Reform law) requires that you receive a Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC). The SBC is designed to help you understand and evaluate your health plan choices. Digital copies provided in the Resource section on this page. Paper copies are also available, free of charge, from the Postdoc Benefits Office by calling 650-724-9490.
- No cost when you cover yourself only
- No deductible
- No claims to file
- Fixed copay for office visits, emergency room visits and hospital stays
- Must use SHCA network doctors and facilities - Sutter Health providers, including Palo Alto Medical Foundation ARE NOT in the SHCA network.
- Must live within the service area (based on your home zip code)
- Must get pre-authorizations for elective and radiology imaging services
- Prescription drug coverage
- Out of network care available for urgent and emergency care when traveling outside the service area, including outside the United States
Please Note: If you recieve services from an out-of-network provider, i.e. Palo Alto Medical Foundation, you will be responsible for 100% of the bill. No coverage for out-of-network providers for routine, preventative, or follow-up care.