Vision coverage is designed to assist you and your covered dependents by paying a portion of eligible expenses incurred for a variety of vision services.
Practice good vision health. Obtain an eye exam every year and help stop vision loss before it starts.
- Diabetic retinopathy can be prevented with regular eye exams 90% of the time.
- Glaucoma will take you by surprise and there aren't any symptoms.
- Macular degeneration can cause damage that you may not notice until it's too late.
Effective July 1, 2018
All standard progressive lenses ("K" category progressives) will be covered in full for all members. Additionally, Ethos, a new digital progressive lens that leverages new technology for beter precision and a faster adjustment period, will be included.
Vision Plan Features
Laser vision correction discounts
Use VSP contracted facilities to save on LASIK corrections services. After surgery, use your frame allowance (if eligible) for sunglasses from any VSP doctor.
Glasses and sunglasses
Maximize your benefits with special offers on glasses and sunglasses
- Average 35% - 40% savings on all non-covered lens option
- 30% off additional glasses and sunglasses, including lens options, from the same VSP doctor on the same day as your exam. Or get 20% off from any VSP doctor within 12 months of your last exam.
Online Retail Option
Eyeconic is the only online retailer where you can buy glasses, sunglasses, and contacts with your VSP benefits to save up to $220
Receive rebates and special savings with these exclusive contact lens offerings.
Diabetic Eyecare Program
Diabetes Care Special Offers provide coverage for additional medical eyecare services specifically targeted toward members with Type 1 diabetes. Members still receive routine eyecare from their VSP doctor and this benefit allows them to get the follow-up medical care from the same VSP doctor after a $20 copay.
TruHearing Hearing Aid Discount
TruHearing makes hearing aids affordable by providing exclusive savings to all VSP Vision Care members. Save up to 60% on a pair of hearing aids with TruHearing. Your dependents and extended family members are eligible, too.