FAQ Alert: If Stanford Postdocs are traveling and unable to return home due to COVID-19 concerns, can they use the Travel Assistance benefit under our group policy?
Yes. Travel Assistance for employers with that benefit will remain available to your covered employees. If an individual has tested positive for COVID-19, their request would be treated like a standard medical case. If the individual is eligible for transport benefits, those benefits would be arranged in accordance with the departing and receiving country’s government clearance on flying.
Basic travel assistance coverage through Generali Global Assistance is provided to you at no cost. Extended travel assistance is also available and meets the J1 Visa requirements.
Generali Global Assistance (GGA) helps you cope with emergencies when you travel more than 100 miles from home or internationally for trips of up to 180 days. Generali Global Assistance (GGA)Travel Assistance can also help you with non-emergencies, such as planning your trip.
GGA Travel Assistance offers the following services:
- Pre-trip assistance, including passport, visa, weather and currency exchange information, health hazards advice and inoculation requirements
- Medical assistance services including locating medical care providers and interpreter services
- Travel assistance services including emergency ticket, credit card and passport replacement assistance, funds transfer assistance and missing baggage assistance
- Legal assistance services including locating a local attorney, consular officer or bail bond services
- Emergency transportation services including arranging and paying for emergency evacuation to the nearest adequate medical facility and medically-necessary repatriation to the employee’s home, including repatriation of remains*
- Personal Security Services including evacuation and logistical arrangements in the event of political unrest, social instability,weather conditions, health or environmental hazards
In the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, and Bermuda, call 866.455.9188. In other locations worldwide, call +1-240.330.1380.
*Emergency transportation services including arranging and paying for emergency evacuation to the nearest adequate medical facility and medically necessary repatriation to the postdoc's home, including repatriation of remains. Must be arranged by Generali Global. Related medical services, medical supplies and a medical escort are covered where applicable and necessary