Skip to main content Skip to secondary navigation

Replacement Card

Main content start

If you need a replacement card, call SHCA Member Care Services* and request that a new card be sent. Your replacement card will be sent to the address currently on file in Benelogic. If this address is incorrect, you will need to update it, wait for the new address to feed over to Aetna**, then call back and request a new card be sent to you. If you need a new card right away, you can ask the SHCA Member Care Specialist for your medical ID number.

  • With that number, you can
    • Register on Aetna's website and print out a temporary ID card
      where to find print ID card
    • Download Aetna's mobile app, register your medical ID number with the app and have a digital copy of your medical ID card on your phone.

*SHCA Member Care Services are open Mon - Fri, 6:30 am to 7 pm. Their number is 855-345-7422

**Updates to a postdoc's record are sent to Aetna every Monday night. Aetna will receive data on Tuesday. It takes them 1 - 3 business days to update their systems. You can request a new card be sent to you on Friday.