Paying Health Insurance Premiums
Main content start
Costs Stanford Pays For You
Stanford pays the total monthly premium when you enroll in the plans below with postdoc-only coverage.
- Short- and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Basic Travel Assitance
- Postdoc Assistance Program
Costs You and Stanford Share
- When you enroll eligible family members in your medical, dental, and vision plans, Stanford requires that you share the monthly premium's cost.
- If you are in the country on a J-visa, the Department of State requires that you have coverage for:
- Repatriation of remains
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Our basic travel insurance does not meet these requirements; however, our Extended Travel Assistance does. You and your J2 dependents can gain this coverage at $1.25/month.
- Find out your costs by reviewing the Current Health Premium Rate Sheet
How to Pay Your Share of the Premium
When you enroll in a plan that requires you to pay premiums, you pay them through an automatic debit from your bank account. The Postdoc Benefits Office processes your payment each month.
During the enrollment process, if you've elected any benefit that requires a payment from you, a pop-up box will appear that will ask you for:
- Name of your bank
- Type of account, checking or savings
- Routing Number
- Account Number
Please review this document if you need help identifying the routing and account number.
This information is encrypted in Benelogic and used only for processing the ACH bank file submitted on the 22nd of each month to withdraw your premium payments.
- Your first automatic deduction will include any retroactive premium payments.
- If the 22nd falls on a weekend or holiday, your automatic payment will be made on the previous business day, though the actual payment date may be different depending on your bank.